Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tribute to a hurting child


I see you, child, I look into your eyes, and I know the pain that those liquid depths hold...I feel your hurt, I feel your heart, and I can sense the passion that your soul haunts you with. I can relate. The unwarranted guilt, the mistrust of every being, the connection that you long to feel...

Hurt, hide, flee...

Child, if only you could know what your life could be if you could only let go...surrender...fall into His strong arms...

He is strong, He is loving, He is secure. But you're afraid of Him. Afraid of me. Afraid of yourself. These chains that haggle with your soul are thick and they are strong. Are you afraid to be without them?

Hurt, hide, flee...

Open your heart, sweet child...let even a small shaft of Light in, and then you will know...you cannot survive any longer without it. Open up. Listen. Understand. Love will hold you to the very end...

...and back.


--Noelle Mathison, September 2009

No comments: