Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Late Summer's Evening


I sit atop this mountain
Breathing in the grandeur
Away from the hassles of life
And the desolate heartache
That clouds my view

With a piece of wheatgrass in my mouth
And the sun's warm, tender embrace,
I am lost in dreams of time gone by
I am soothed
I am at peace

A gentle breeze teases with my hair
And far below, the wolves howl their misery
But I am at peace

I sit atop a Rock that is higher than I
And from the ends of the earth, I cry out to Him
I plant my feet in the firm crevices of His love
He Who is the Rock that has been cleft for me

My heart soars like an eagle and yet is strengthened
And at night, it is refreshed

The Father, in His love, gently holds my young dreams
And molds them to fit into His will
Perfectly
Perfectly
Peacefully

Soothe me, O Beautiful Rock.

~Noelle Mathison, 9/12/09

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a beautiful poem!
Thank you for the very encouraging comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! Due to the fact that I am not currently "following" blogs I hope to be visiting you blog often!
Many Blessings,
~Katie