Friday, December 26, 2008

The Power of God

The prophet Habbakuk saw the God of Israel not as a tender shepherd, but as a raging giant: "Thou didst bestride the earth in fury, thou didst trample the nations in anger. Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, for the salvation of thy annointed. Thou didst crush the head of the wicked, laying him bare from thigh to neck....Thou didst trample the sea with thy horses." This representation of power is followed by Habbakuk's testimony of faith, "God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like hind's feet, he makes me tread upon my high places."

That fearful deity, that giant who roars forth for the deliverance of his people, is the God who makes us able to walk where it seems there can be no walking.

--Elisabeth Elliott--

1 comment:

Design Inspiration said...

Hey Ill be able to work on the logo for you, Just send me an email with what your thinking. Ill get back with you about the price, Still have to talk to my dad about that.

Amos

P.s. And no it wont be to much work to turn that into a header.